Out of the GTS community
This word is almost never used, instead, the word "giant" is used. See:
- They say "the giant" instead of "the giantess".
- They say "the giant woman" instead of "the giantess".
- They say "the giant (female sustantive)" instead of "the giantess (female sustantive)".
On the other hand, there are people who use the word giantess despite not belonging to the GTS community. These people are cultured linguists, usually are those who studied something related to letters (Law, Literature, History, Philosophy, Social Communication, etc.).
In the GTS community
Virtually everyone in the GTS community on Internet uses this word.
When a member of this community hears or reads this word, automatically he/she will feel that there is another member of his/her community (it is as if giantess or giganta was a keyword).
- Similarly it happens with the word titan: its respective feminine gender is titaness (in Spanish language: titánide).
The TRUE meaning of the word "giantess"
It means that:
- If a woman is bigger than normal, then she is a giantess. So far we all agree.
- If a woman of normal size interacts with beings much smaller than her, then she will be considered a "giantess" (giant woman), although in reality it was not by definition.
You can notice this phenomenon on sites attended by the GTS fandom, such as deviantART, pixiv or Twitter.
In this wiki, due to the need for precision, we opted for:
- Call women larger than normal as absolute giantesses.
- Call women larger than other beings as relative giantesses.
- Call normal-sized women larger than other beings (the "shrunken" ones) as para-giantesses.
The word "giantess" (giant woman) in other languages
Main article: The word "giantess" in other languages
- Portuguese: giganta.
- Italian: gigantessa.
- French: géante.
- German: Riesin.
- Japanese: 巨大娘.
- Absolute size (dimensional measure)
- Relative size (dimensionless measure)
- Special type (according the context)
Types of giantesses
|According to their (absolute) size|
💬💬 Comments and ratings ⭐⭐
Rate this article: